The Little Rann of Kutch is spread over 4950 sq. km. and is a home of a range of different habitats like marshes, saline desert plains, rocky and thorn scrub to lakes, and arid grasslands. It has a bird sanctuary which is a well known and huge bird watching site. Birds migrate to this place in the month of Oct to April. Here you can see a number of different birds like storks, cranes, ducks, pelicans, flamingos, falcon, vulture, short toed eagle, eagle, larks, bustard quails, partridge, sand grouse, and bustard.
This is also known as Dasada Bird Sanctuary. Dasada is a small village located in the Little Rann of Kutch where these birds are migrated. The beauty of the place and facts associated with the village boasted tourism to Dasada. This village is inhabited by various Kutchi communities like Bharwads and Rabaris. Apart from bird watching site this village is also known for its arts and crafts work done by local people. A stay in Dasada will introduce you to many facets of Kutch like Dasada Village Safari in the long stretched sandy desert. You get to enjoy camel rides, view colorful birds and animals, cascading streams and rivers.
Here are some of the facts about Dasada:
- This village is located in the Little Rann of Kutch
- The famous bird watching sight is just 90 kms away from dasada
- Dasada is the only place where you will find Indian Wild Ass
- You will find beautiful arts and crafts area in the village where you can purchase handicrafts besides watching beautiful birds.
- This village has emerged as one of the major bird watching site all over India since long time.
- You can go on a Bird Watching Tours arranged by local resorts which are located in the Little Rann of Kutch.
Dasada Wild Life Sanctuary has everything to impress a tourist right from capture wilds in the nature habitat to enjoying an amazing dasada village safari. You can contact Kutch Tour Guide for booking a tour to dasada village. We offer different tours that can turn your holidays into interesting one.