The land of Kutch is the amalgamation of culture, tradition, and beauty. It was in 2005 when the first Rann Utsav was organized by the Gujarat Tourism only for three days. This was the vision of our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi to bring the land of Kutch to the map of the world. His vision turned into a reality when this Rann Utsav became a successful festive event. From the very next year, the Rann Utsav was now held for nearly 2 to 3 months because there was an overwhelming response from tourists. The glory of the Rann of Kutch is now known to the world.
Rann Utsav is one of its kinds and a class of people waits for the festival to take place. As we all know that the Rann of Kutch is famous for its white and salty dessert. The spread of white land over the large area is truly beautiful and mesmerizing. There is something unique about its beauty and that is what captivates your mind and heart. The Rann Utsav carnival takes place at Dhordo village and we popularly call it as a ‘tent city’. The tent rooms are made available to comfort and enjoy lavishness at its best. The beautiful sky during the day and night along with the picturesque lighting will make your stay outstanding.
Rann Utsav 2020-2021 will be organized from November 12, 2020, to February 28, 2021. This period is nothing short of a festival and more than the scenic beauty; you will also have some nice time spent with the locals. Entertainment, music, and food are something that you can explore here to the fullest.
- Music and dance: tap your feet to the rhythm of the traditional Kutchi music as this fleet of musicians takes your breath away with their melodious tunes. The vibes of these tunes will stay fresh forever and it is a treat to your senses to see and hear these melodies.
- Mouthwatering food delicacies: The traditional ‘thali’ is one of the best fingers-licking experiences that you may want to have. You can say that there are all the portions of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and carbs to fuel your body and to satisfy your tongue buds. The authentic aroma and the relishing flavors, both will give you a royal feeling.
- Handicrafts and block prints: Kutch region is famous for its handicrafts and block prints fabrics. There is a cottage industry set up here so that men and women can work to earn their living. The ornaments, bags, artifacts, fabrics, imitation jewelery, and much more is here that you can shop to treasure the memories of Rann Utsav.
- Camel rides and camel cart rides: You must have had a horse ride as a child, right? Let’s also add one more experience as you take a ride on a humpy animal. The camel is well-dressed to take its customers on a ride. It is a pleasure to ride the cart or on the camel under the setting sun.
- Other activities: well, these days, the journey at white rann of Kutch is not only about food, music, and scenic beauty admiration but beyond that. You can be a part of sports and adventure activity that is set up nearby. A hot air balloon ride is the most exciting activity that will rush your adrenalin. Take up a ride and shout your lungs out here.
- Other places to explore: Besides the Rann of Kutch, there are other places that you want to visit now that you are here. The not-to-forget nearby attractions are Aaina Mahal, Kalo Dungar, Vijay Vilas Palace, Mandavi Beach, and Bhuj city.
Are you still confused about whether you should visit Rann Utsav or not? Don’t worry. We can help you and guide you with all the necessary arrangements. You can assure yourself that you won’t regret being a part of this grand and happening carnival of the year. The breezy winter winds and the gazing moon in the dark sky will not let you re-think your decision.
Our travel itineraries are well made and managed to make it comfortable for you. Make a memorable 2020 experience with Rann Utsav.